Goldeneye 007 has a built-in Cheat Options menu with nearly two dozen codes that are automatically activated when you meet certain objectives. These codes can only be accessed by meeting the correct requirements; there are no controller codes for this game.
The following codes are enabled in the Cheat Options menu by completing the appropriate level on the specified difficulty level in the time allowed:
Other weapon cheats can be enabled merely by completing certain levels:
In some Goldeneye levels, you can find some weapons that can be "paired," so Bond can hold one in each hand. In most places, the game limits you to two of the same weapon. To a limited extent, you can use the following trick to mix the types of weapons you have paired.
To do this trick, you must have two sets of paired weapons that appear next to each other in your weapon list, and some ammo for each gun. One example of this is the Military Archives, where you can have two Dostoveis and two Klobbs. You'll also need to use a trick that lets you cycle backwards through your weapons--if you press and hold A, then tap the Z button, you can cycle through your weapons in reverse order.
Once you're ready, cycle through your weapons until you have two of the second set of weapons ready (For example, in the Archives, have your two Klobbs selected). You'll need to do the following steps fairly quickly:
1. Press and hold the A button.
If done correctly, firing the weapon will lock one of the weapons on screen in the middle of changing weapons, leaving you with a mixed pair.
If you have the All Weapons Cheat enable, you'll have two of
nearly all of your weapons. You can use this trick to get some
There is a trick which allows you to have doubles or triples of characters in GoldenEye 007's three- and four-player modes. The following example shows you how to have three of the same characters in a four-player game. Once you understand how it works, you can use it in a three-player match, or to have 2 matched pairs of players.
1. Start a four-player match in the multi-player mode, and pick the character you want to "multiply" as Player 4.
2. Pick any other characters for Players 1, 2 and 3.
3. Change the number of Players from 4 to 3, go to the Characters screen again, and select Player 4's character to be Player 3. Pick any characters for Players 1 and 2.
3. Change the number of Players from 3 to 2, go to the Characters screen again, and select Player 4's character to be Player 2. Pick any character for Player 1.
4. Change the number of Players back to 4 and start the game. Players 2, 3 and 4 will be the same character.